Monday, May 17, 2010

MISTAKEN PURCHASE OF TYLENOL BM RESULTS IN TURBULENT, SLEEPLESS NIGHT

The first thing Chis Sorrels did Monday morning was call into work sick, from his toilet. The second call he made was to a consumer hot line on the back of the Tylenol bottle to offer up some friendly suggestions on how they could do more to differentiate their varied product offerings.

That's exactly the problem Sorrels ran into when he mistakenly purchased a bottle of Tylenol BM, a powerful laxative, instead of Tylenol PM, a pain reliever and sleep aid.

"I had spent the whole day volunteering at the soup kitchen, and I had brought down a few cases from the top shelves in the supply room, so I really strained my back...and after 12 hours on my feet, I just wanted to ease the pain and get a good nights sleep. So I stopped at the
Walgreen's there, to pick up some Tylenol." explained Sorrels.

"So I'm in bed trying to rest my back, and next thing you know, I feel this thunderous quake below the equator. I mean, there is this impending biological requirement, so imperative that I arose with such urgency, I almost literally shit my bed. Can you fucking believe that?"

"I shit my guts out for like 6 fucking hours. I mean, Jesus Christ, that's a big price to pay for an easy mistake. Why not put pictures of fucking Barney on Drano bottles, why don't you? Ah, hell...I don't know. Listen, oh man...I got to go again. I'll have to talk to you later."

McNeil Consumer Healthcare, the makers of Tylenol products declined to comment on Sorrel's case specifically, citing that there was an open investigation into the complaint, but a spokesperson for McNeil did say "The packages are clearly marked. Even my six year old daughter can tell you the difference between the letter 'P' and the letter 'B'" and went on to suggest that Sorrels, or an individual in his predicament, should look into to purchasing their 'Certainty' adult diaper brand fitted briefs.

No comments:

Post a Comment